Happy Earth Day!


I am so pleased to share with you this video interview that I recently had with Natural Curiosity.

Thank you to Nikki Fletcher and Andrea Cousineau for this incredible opportunity to reflect about my inquiry-based learning practices.

This video was featured on the Natural Curiosity website of the Dr. Eric Jackman Institute of Child Study University of Toronto: www.naturalcuriosity.ca. I strongly encourage you to visit their site for more resources about environmental inquiry!


Happy Earth Day from our classroom to yours! 

I wanted to end off with this quote from my friend Jean Sena's Instagram post:

In the end we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  And we will understand only what we were taught. -Baba Dioum Senegal

Let's teach our children to love this Earth and let's allow them to teach us how to slow down and wonder about its beauty...

Share your thoughts :

  1. Joanne you are amazing and an inspiration for anyone working with children. If only all classrooms had this "spark" and were co-constructors with the children. I love your blog as it makes a teacher realise why we work with children and what learning should be about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. I'm a Prep (Australia's equivalent to Kindergarten) teacher in Melbourne and I'm just finishing up my first year with my own class. This is how I want to teach! I'll be starting at a new school next year that runs an inquiry-based program, so I'm very excited! Thanks for some great ideas and some wonderful insight into what great inquiry learning looks like!

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis